Things to go over…
- My office hours: by appointment via email!
Final project requirement
- Must seek to provide a solution to a policy/research question
- The final project must include one layer of original data (layers not taken from ArcGIS-ready sources)
- The final project must by analytical and not just descriptive
- The final project must include a model
- Minimum 8 layouts, 10 skills
- A blog entry
- introduce your project and spatial topic you are addressing
- include each of your map layouts
- explain each map layout and how it is relevant to your analysis
- include a conclusion
- entire blog must have a flowing narrative… tell your story from start to end
Final Project Grading Criteria:
- Presentation and Blog write up
- Skills fulfillment
- Map quality
Design tip of the week
- What is the future of GIS?
- Desktop GIS vs WebGIS?
- Web 1.0 vs 2.0
- Web GIS Examples
- Japan Radiation Project