Midterm: Beta Launch
On Monday, May 2, 2011 of Week 6, our team will have completed the following milestones:
- Completion of a functioning beta version of our website built using Google Map v3 API hosted on Google Fusion Tables.
- Incorporation of at least two data feeds (see Datasets above)
- A blog entry about the Eminent Domain team, our goals, and experience
- A blog entry launching the beta version of our website.
- A short, 10-15 minute, presentation about our beta site involving all team members. Feedback we gather from our classmates and instructors will be instrumental in helping us improve our site for final launch at the end of the term.
The blog entry launching our site will serve as our main platform for communicating the functionality of our site to potential users. This entry will explain the process we undertook as a team in order to build a functioning site in response to CDC Flu App Challenge. The roles of each Eminent Domain team member will be identified. We will describe our topic, as put forth by the CDC Flu App Challenge, and walk the user through a description of our site’s features and functionalities. We will create and display diagrams, flowcharts, and sketches depicting the flow guiding our site’s functions as well as the planning process we undertook in the five weeks leading up to the launch. We will also discuss our successes and challenges over these five weeks. Finally, we will describe our goals for the final website to be delivered on May 27th (due date for CDC Flu App Challenge entries) and discuss in more detail the steps we will take as a team to realize thee goals in a timely and efficient manner.
Final: Full Launch
On May 27, 2011, our team will have completed the following milestones:
- Addition of at least one more data feed that allows the user to draw out more detailed statistical analysis than previously offered in the beta version.
- Improve the user interface of our site, based upon feedback from peers and instructors
- Use of a consistent color palette that is artistically complementary and user friendly.
- Improve and solve any back end programming issues involving Fusion Tables and layers. If necessary define boundaries for data lacking coordinates
On June 6, 2011 our team will have completed our final milestones:
- A blog entry announcing the final launch of our site
- A short, 10-15 minute, presentation about our beta site involving all team members.