The following instructions will take you through the steps needed to setup Notepad++ to work directly with your files on your Bruin Online FTP web space. Because Notepad++ support FTPES (which is what BOL requires), it means that you can connect directly to your files without having to use FileZilla. Note that Dreamweaver does NOT support FTPES.
- Download and install Notepad++ (it’s free!)
- Launch Notepad++
- Go to Plugins, NppFTP, Show NppFTP Window
- In the FTP window, click on settings (icon that looks like a screw), profile settings
- Create a new profile, name it “Bruin Online” and enter the information as shown below, using your username and password. Make sure to choose FTPES for connection type.
- Close the Profile Settings window, and click on the connect button, and choose “Bruin Online”
- You should now see your files in the FTP window. You can double click on any file and start editing it directly.