In this tutorial, you will learn how to create an online Google Form, and dynamically map its results onto a maproom. An example usage would be to have the form accessible through a mobile device, have users enter locations (along with additional data), and have the results show up immediately on a map.
- Go to https://docs.google.com/ and log in
- Go to “create new” and “form”
- Create your online form, making sure to have a required field for “address”
- When you are done creating your form, save it, and click on the link that appears below the form
- You should now have a direct link to the form, as shown below. Go ahead and enter some test data!(sample form)
Sharing your data
Now that you have created the form, you need to share the data so that your Maproom can access it.